Founders Live Media Inc.
Last updated August 10, 2020
Founders Live Media Inc., (referred to hereinafter as, “Founders Live”, or “Company,” or “we,” or “us,” or “our”), gives individuals, entrepreneurs and businesses access to an online platform designed to grow businesses by connecting entrepreneurs, investors, partners, employees, and co-founders through their online profiles (the “Services” or “Founders Live Pro”). The Services are made available through our websites located at https://www.founderslive.com (“Site”). This Policy applies to all visitors of our Site and all users of our Services.
By accessing the Site and Services, you agree to comply with this Policy, and that your visit and use of the Site and Services, and any dispute directly arising out of your use or misuse, shall be governed by this Policy. We may modify the terms of this Policy (including our Terms of Service located at https://pro.founderslive.com/termsofservice) at any time in our sole discretion, by posting amended terms to this Policy to the Site. If we believe a change to the Policy materially affects you, we will send you an email notifying you of the change made to this Policy.
Your continued use of the Site and/or Services thereafter shall constitute immediate acceptance of all revised, modified and/or amended terms to this Policy. However, you should review the most up-to-date version of the Policy from time-to-time on the Site. We will notify you of any material changes, amendments or modifications to the Policy through the Site, or through other communication. In the event you choose not to agree and accept the new, modified or amended Terms, you shall cease use of our Site and Services and provide us with written notice so that we can delete, archive, or de-identify any Personal Data relating to you.
This Policy constitute a binding agreement between you and us. By accessing and/or using the Site and/or Services, you agree to the terms of this Policy.
- Navigational Information: Navigational information refers to information about your computer, device, VPN information, IP address, the date and time of the visit and how long you remained on our Site, the referral URL (the site from which the visitor has come), the pages visited on our Site and information about the device and browser (such as, browser type and version and operating system), browser history, and geographical location.
- Personal Information: This refers to full name, email address, phone numbers, payment information, credit or debit card numbers, personal financial account information, personal identifiers, or any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you or your household, such as photos, images, and videos.
- User Content: Content uploaded or submitted by users such as Account Information, Information uploaded to your Profile, feedback, information, updates, comments, text, images, photographs, videos, notes, sounds, data, posts and suggestions.
- Account Information: Information such as username, names, addresses, email address, business name, business address, business email, website information, log-in credentials to third party affiliates required to provide access our Services, and other information explicitly required to create an account with Us.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT? We may, depending on your use of the Services and Site, collect the following “Data”:
- Navigational Information and UDID. If you are visiting our Site or using the Services, we may automatically collect Navigational Information, such as your IP address, the date and time of the visit and how long you remained on our Site, the referral URL, the pages visited on our Site and information about the device and browser (such as, browser type and version and operating system). Most of this information does not have personal information that can be used to identify you. We may also collect visitor data through third party services such as Google Analytics, in order to better understand visitor behavior, demographics, locations, page views, time spent on the Site, and other metrics and analytics used to provide and improve our Site and Services. In addition to the information we collect on our Site, we may also collect your city location, device model and version, device identifier (or “UDID”), and OS version. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Service and Site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. We do not sell or share this information in any way that is not described herein or unless we have your express permission to do so.
- Personal Information. We collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us when (1) creating an account to use the Services through Our Site; (2) when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our Services; and (3) when creating a Profile, engaging with our Services, paying for memberships, or otherwise contacting us. The Personal Information we collect can include the following: your full name, email address, phone numbers, payment information, credit or debit card numbers, personal financial account information, personal identifiers, or any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you or your household. All Personal Information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such Personal Information. The Personal Information provided for the Services is stored and managed on servers and third-party hosting services, including without limitation, Airtable and Mighty Networks.
- User Content. We also keep a record of our correspondence with you, including without limitation, any feedback and/or testimonials you have provided on our Services or Site, information provided to customer service, and/or User Content.
- Online Identifiers. Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. We collect devices, cookie identifiers, or others such as the ones used for analytics and marketing, and other similar data. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services offered through our Services or Site. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services or Site visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- Mobile Device Data. We may automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address. This information is solely used for internal business and analytics purposes, so we understand how our users are using our Site and Services through their mobile devices.
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your Account, Profile or membership. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
- INFORMATION ABOUT MINORS/CHILDREN. WE NEVER COLLECT INFORMATION OR DATA FROM ANY USER UNDER THE AGE OF 13. THE ONLY INFORMATION WE COLLECT, STORE AND USE TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES IS THE PERSONAL INFORMATION OF THE ACCOUNT CREATOR, WHO MUST BE ABOVE THE AGE OF 18. INDIVIDUALS BELOW THE AGE OF 18 (“MINORS”) SHALL NOT BE ALLOWED TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF A LEGAL GUARDIAN OR PARENT. IF YOU BECOME AWARE THAT FOUNDERS LIVE HAS COLLECTED PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM A MINOR WITHOUT PARENTAL OR LEGAL GUARDIAN CONSENT, PLEASE LET US KNOW BY CONTACTING US AT PRIVACY@FOUNDERSLIVE.COM SO WE CAN TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION TO PREVENT INADVERTENT DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WHILE USING THE SERVICES OR SITE, ASSIST IN EFFECTIVE USE OF INFORMATION, AND ENSURE APPROPRIATE USE OF THE SERVICES. WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN OF ANY MINOR TO ACTIVELY GUIDE ANY INTERACTIONS WITH AND/OR USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We process and use the Data for purposes based on our legitimate business interests (described below), the fulfillment of our legal obligations and contracts with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent. Further, we use Personal Information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. By accepting this Policy, you hereby agreed that we may use the Data we collect or receive:
- To facilitate Account creation, logon process and public Profile creation, whether or not you have paid for our Services. If possible and you choose to sign up with us through a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract;
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the Data you send or give to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time by emailing us at email@example.com;
- To send administrative information and notices to you regarding your Account and/or Profile. We may use your Data to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- Fulfill and manage any memberships, subscriptions, features, and other purchases or requests;
- Deliver targeted advertising to you unless you opt out from receiving such advertising. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness;
- Administer promotions and offers to you;
- Request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Site and/or Services;
- To protect our Services and Site from fraud monitoring and prevention;
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies;
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond;
- To manage user Accounts and/or Profiles;
- To deliver our Services and Site to the user;
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users;
- For other business purposes. We may use your Data for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, Site, products, marketing and user experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include Personal Information. We will not use identifiable Personal Information without your consent; and
- We may post user testimonials and comments on our Site upon written notice to you, which may contain User Information. You have the right to request removal of such testimonial and/or comment(s) upon receiving our written notice.
3. WHEN WILL INFORMATION BE SHARED?
- We Never Sell Your Data. Most importantly, Founders Live does not sell, share, license, or otherwise share your Personal Information or any personally identifiable information with any entity or person, except as expressly described in this Policy or when we have a legal basis to do so, for instance with your prior written consent or a court order.
- Service Providers and Affiliates
- Founders Live and our affiliated entities may share information with third-party data controllers, law enforcement agencies and potential transaction partners where we and our affiliated entities have a legal basis to do so.
- By Law or Protected Right. We may disclose part or all User Information, User Content and/or Personal Information collected through the Site and/or Services, if (1) required by law; (2) if we believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law; (3) to enforce our intellectual property rights, data privacy rights or other legal rights; (4) to protect the rights, property or safety of us and our employees or agents; and (5) if necessary to defend against third-party claims. We may also disclose Data collected on the Site or through the Services when requested to comply with a court order, investigation, subpoena or governmental request. We will notify you of such use, either by a notification on the Site or by email to you.
4. WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
We may share and disclose your Data with the following third parties, vendors, contractors and affiliates solely for the purposes of providing and improving the Services and Site.
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead Generation such as Mailchimp;
- Communicate and Chat with Users such as Slack;
- Payments and Processing such as Stripe;
- Web and Mobile Analytics such as Google Analytics; and
- Website Hosting such as Mighty Networks and Airtable.
You have the right to revoke your consent to us sharing your Data. You can exercise this right by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- We will only keep your Personal Information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as complying with applicable data privacy laws, tax laws and regulations, accounting or other legal requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Data, we will either delete, de-identify it or anonymize it. If this is not possible (for example, because your Data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- Data will not be automatically deleted if your subscription, Account or Profile is cancelled or expires.
- You may have the ability to manually delete your Data by accessing your Account.
- If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content or Services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your Account. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
6. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- We are committed to protecting your Data and we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information that we collect. However, no information system can be 100% secure. This means that we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Data. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the internet and wireless networks, or the data that is stored on your device. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information and Data, transmission of Personal Information to and from our Services or Site is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology protects Data on our Site using both server authentication and data encryption, ensuring that user data is safe, secure, and available only to authorized persons.
- Our computer systems are hosted in a secure data center environment that uses a firewall, intrusion detection systems, and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
7. WHAT TECHNICAL SAFEGUARDS TO WE USE TO PROTECT YOUR DATA AND HOW DO WE HANDLE DATA BREACHES?
- We use the following Technical Safeguards to protect your Data while it is in our possession or direct and immediate control:
- Unique password requirements and limited employee access;
- Destruction, deletion or de-identification of Data;
- Industry standard security protocols;
- Employee training on how to handle sensitive data, breach notice and procedures;
- Secure Technology (SSL), server authentication and Data encryption and use of firewall to host data;
- Designated security coordinator on the Founders Live team;
- Sub-processors and third parties are bound to same security practice obligations;
- Backups; and
- Periodic audits.
- Data Breach. A privacy breach occurs when there is unauthorized access to, collection, use, disclosure or disposal of Personal Information. You will be notified about data breaches when Founders Live believes you are likely to be at risk of serious harm or if your Personal Information has been affected. In the event that we become aware of a security incident or data breach which has resulted or may result in unauthorized access, use or disclosure of Personal Information, we will promptly investigate the matter and notify the applicable supervisory authority not later than 72 hours after having become aware of it, unless the personal data breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.Founders Live shall comply with all applicable federal and state laws that require notification to individuals, entities, state agencies, or federal agencies in the event of a data breach or security incident. When we reasonably suspect and/or become aware of a unauthorized disclosure, data breach, orsecurity incident concerning any Data in our possession, we shall notify the affected user or account holder immediately and use reasonable and required methods to mitigate the damage of incident. Further, we agree that we will fully cooperate, and assist as specifically requested, with our users and any legal authorities. In the event of an actual data breach, incident or the unauthorized access or disclosure of any Personal Information or Data, we will notify you in writing as soon as possible outlining the following information:
- What happened (date of breach is possible, or estimated date of incident, or the date range within which the breached occurred);
- What information was involved (list the type of Personal Information);
- What we are doing to help resolve or mitigate the issue (and if there was any delay in providing this notice due to law enforcement investigation);
- What you can do to help us;
- How you can get more information or contact us;
- Information about what we have done to protect individuals whose information has been breached, wrongfully disclosed or compromised;
- Advise on steps that the user whose information has been affected may take to protect himself or herself; and
- Information about the steps we have taken to cure the incident or breach, and the estimated timeframe for such cure, if any.
8. GLOBAL DIGITAL PRIVACY REGULATIONS (GDPR) COMPLIANCE
- Our legal basis for collecting and using information described herein will depend on the User Information and Data concerned, and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect Personal Information and Data from you only where We have your consent to do so, where we need the Personal Information and/or Data to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests is not outweighed by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect and maintain Personal Information and/or Data from you.
- If we ask you to provide Personal Information and/or Data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information and/or Data is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information and/or Data). Similarly, if we collect and use your Personal Information and/or Data in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), We will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
- Processing shall be lawful only if and to the extent that at least one of the following applies:
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- You have certain rights under applicable data privacy and consumer protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of Your Personal Information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your Personal Information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the sharing or selling of your Personal Information. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws if permissible and possible.
- If we are relying on your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
- If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your Personal Information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
- If you would like to opt-out of or unsubscribe from receiving direct marketing communications, you can also use the unsubscribe link contained in the message you have received. However, you cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to your Account with us or Services, unless you delete Your Account. Where we process your Data on the basis of our or a third party’s legitimate interest, you may object to such processing at any time by contacting us at the address below. Our affiliates and partners are solely responsible for their own marketing emails and other communications directed to you. We cannot unsubscribe you from our partners’ communications. You may, however, unsubscribe from our communications regarding our partners’ by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of their emails, or by contacting them directly. If you are not satisfied about the manner in which we handle your complaint, you may also lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
- If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your Account or terminate your Account, you can contact us using the contact information provided.
10. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
11. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- Shine the Light Law.California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared Personal Information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
- The California Consumer Privacy Act.If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights with regard to your data under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other state laws, as further described below.
12. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AND CONSENTS
- Our servers are based in the United States, so your Data will be primarily processed in the United States. You consent to the transfer and processing of your Data in the United States, in the country you are located in, or the EEA/EU by us and by our partners and affiliates;
- You consent and agree that we may transfer your Data to data processors located in countries which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area. Your consent is voluntary, and you may revoke your consent by opting out at any time, as described above. Please note that if you opt-out, we may no longer be able to provide you with our Services; and
- You consent to us sharing your Data with relevant persons working for service providers and third-party affiliates who assist us to provide our Services.
13. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS OR TO EXERCISE YOUR DATA PRIVACY RIGHTS?
If you have questions or comments about this policy or would like to exercise your data privacy rights, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Founders Live Media Inc.
1700 Westlake Ave N #200
Seattle, WA 98109