Founders Live is bringing a new startup event to Minneapolis and is now looking for a dependable Project Manager to help launch the event. Founders Live is a fun monthly startup networking event and pitch competition which highlights promising early-stage startups from specific regions, where winners gain recognition not only in the local community but across the global Founders Live social platform.
Founders Live is looking for an individual who would like to join a small team launching the Founders Live event in Minneapolis this spring. The desired individual has been wanting to jump further into their community and help organize a monthly event of this caliber. This individual will be responsible for day-to-day and week-to-week organizing, planning and marketing the monthly event, networking with others in the community, pushing out the messaging and invites for the event, and joyfully building the Founders Live community in Minneapolis. Founders Live will provide educational and training documents and support the efforts, in addition to an event Playbook, which outlines an A-Z perspective of how to execute an unforgettable event. The many benefits include deeper establishment within the early stage startup community, increasing personal brand and personal network, enhancing one’s public speaking skills, connecting with other leaders around the country, and expanding one’s influence inside and outside of this city. This is a volunteer based opportunity. If interested, email nick @ founderslive.com or reach out to Tom Masterman for more information.
- Will become associated with “the center” of startup and entrepreneurial activity in their city
- Polish their organizational, team coordination, and event planning skills
- Increase and expand their personal brand within their city
- Tremendous connections – with other founders, growing startups and large companies
- Will polish their public speaking and presentation skills
- Will be associated with a cool, new up and coming brand – Founders Live
- Expand their influence outside of their city and across Founders Live ecosystem
- Grow your leadership/management skills through training and education
- Sociable and great with people
- Well organized and likes to juggle various tasks with enjoyment!
- Can invest 20-25 hours each month into the event
- Believes in creating value in the greater entrepreneurial community
- Has a good personal network but wants to build a great network
- Is comfortable public speaking and can hold a crowd
- Not looking for a “job” but looking for a fun, and engaging opportunity
- Values the resulting social capital created is greater than any monetary compensation
- Believes in and lives out the 4 Core Values of Founders Live
About Founders Live
Founders Live (founderslive.com) is a community and media channel created to inspire, educate and entertain entrepreneurs around the world. The Founders Live experience includes unique and unforgettable 99-second pitch competitions in a growing number of cities such as Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boulder, NYC, and Atlanta, which create local founder celebrities and bursts open additional pockets of creativity and entrepreneurial activity. Founders Live is now looking to expand into additional cities, including their signature livestreamed pitch competition where five handpicked companies take the hot seat and describe their value proposition in front of an eager audience. After the pitches and audience Q&A, the crowd will digitally vote on a winner who will not only receive an award and entry into Founders Live Hall of Fame, but also the opportunity to talk more about their product or service.