Founders Live Long Beach is launching this summer and is looking for a dependable Project Manager to help grow and expand the event. Founders Live is a fun monthly startup networking event and pitch competition which highlights promising early-stage startups from specific regions, where winners gain recognition not only in the local community but across the global Founders Live social platform.
Founders Live is looking for an individual who would like to join a small team currently launching the Founders Live event in Long Beach. The desired individual has been wanting to jump further into their community and help organize a monthly event of this caliber. This individual will be responsible for day-to-day and week-to-week organizing tasks, planning and marketing the monthly event, networking with others in the community, helping the existing City Leader team where they need it, and joyfully building the Founders Live community in Long Beach. Founders Live and the current Long Beach city leaders will provide basic education and training documents and support the efforts, in addition to an event Playbook, which outlines an A-Z perspective of how to execute an unforgettable event. The many benefits include deeper establishment within the early stage startup community, increasing personal brand and personal network, enhancing one’s public speaking skills, connecting with other leaders around the country, and expanding one’s influence inside and outside of this city. This is a volunteer-based opportunity. If interested, email Josh Rencher @ firstname.lastname@example.org or Nick Hughes at nick @ founderslive.com for more information.
- Will become associated with “the center” of startup and entrepreneurial activity in their city
- Polish their organizational, team coordination, and event planning skills
- Increase and expand their personal brand within their city
- Tremendous connections – with other founders, growing startups and large companies
- Will polish their public speaking and presentation skills
- Will be associated with a cool, new up and coming brand – Founders Live
- Expand their influence outside of their city and across Founders Live ecosystem
- Grow your leadership/management skills through training and education
- Sociable and great with people
- Well organized and likes to juggle various tasks with enjoyment!
- Can invest 15-20 hours each month into the event
- Believes in creating value in the greater entrepreneurial community
- Has a good personal network but wants to build a great network
- Is comfortable public speaking and can hold a crowd
- Not looking for a “job” but looking for a fun, and engaging opportunity
- Values the resulting social capital created is greater than any monetary compensation
- Believes in and lives out the 4 Core Values of Founders Live